As I sit here in the Washington DC loft boudoir studio, writing about myself always feels so pretentious but it’s a necessary thing especially in this genre photography. You’re going to want to know whose photographing you in your undies, amirite?
I’ll keep it simple though mostly because I’m a pretty simple lady.
I could start off by saying I walked out of my mother’s womb with a camera in hand and it’s my passion since I could remember and while that all might be true, I never once thought I’d turn my obsession for capturing everything I could think of into a career that I love – because let’s be real, that’s where is all started – I do have millions of photos of my dog doing nothing, thankyouverymuch.
It’s no doubt that I love taking photos mostly because I’m a sucker for the nostalgia of looking through old memories and having those memories evoke a feeling from that time. But it wasn’t until I discovered boudoir photography where I learned that the photographs we take from your session is just the proof of your experience of finally accepting yourself or in a lot of cases, discovering that side of you that you’ve always known was there, you just have never seen her.
So what am I trying to say here?
Sure, I’m a photographer. But the meat of it all – is helping women discover themselves. Abolishing those negative self-perceptions. You deserve to feel confident, to feel beautiful because damn it, you are enough and you deserve to feel all the good things! When you FINALLY FEEL those things, that’s when you start to BELIEVE them.
So who am I when I’m not photographing bad ass babes all day, you ask?
Well, I’ll tell you … in a bulleted list fashion so you can check off the ones that make us best friends:
- I reside in a small petting zoo consisting of 2 rescued kitties and 2 rescued coonhound mixes. The kitties are Bob & Baby Kitty and the pups are Stella Bean & Goose. The pups are actual sisters from the same litter but adopted 9 months apart. It’s a funny story, I’ll tell you about it sometime.
- The Husband and I have dreams of owning a small acreage of land one day so I can have more rescued animals. The animals part might be more my dream though.
- I like to travel any chance I get. I’ll go anywhere now that my fear of flying has subsided. I like to experience different cultures but also visit any island or beach for some R & R.
- I can’t be gracious in front of a camera. Regular portrait shoots, or looking “normal” in front of a camera always evokes in straight goofiness. I’m more comfortable as the subject in a boudoir setting than a regular portrait. Is that weird?
- I’m a Capricorn and I fit that profile. I’m not that serious all the time though, I promise. Go ahead, look it up.
- My favorite crystal is rose quartz because it is the stone for strengthening the heart on all levels and it holds the energy vibration of unconditional love and compassion for yourself and others. Lawwwd knows I need all the self-love the universe can give me! I can be a little woo-woo like that.
- Soda, specifically coke, is my kryptonite.
- I’m not much of an alcoholic drink kind of gal mostly because I can’t metabolize alcohol like everybody else. But I do fine with Prosecco.
- My favorite place to have breakfast is Waffle House. Don’t judge.
- I’m in a black and white phase and am drawn to anything black and white or neutral in general.
- I love meeting new people and attending social gatherings, but I draw my energy from having time alone. My introvert game is on point.
- Carnival rides kind of freak me out. If it packs up and is towed away to another city then I’m not getting on it.
- I love the hustle and bustle of the city and I love the wide open country, the struggle of finding that perfect balance is real!
- I totally believe in ghosts and the paranormal. Scary movies and ghost shows are my jam.
- I’m equally fascinated and in awe of the ocean and terrified of it at the same time.
- I hate coffee.
So tell me about you – more importantly … do you like waffle house?